BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 3, 2011

My first ever girls weekend away...Palooza 2011

So it has been a few weeks, and I think I am recovered enough to briefly recount the awesome weekend that was Palooza. I've been inspired reading Kell's posts, though mine will just be a quickie for now!

I don't know where to start, from the moment I picked Kell up Thursday night until the moment I arrived home it was the best weekend I have ever experienced. My body ached in places that I had not known existed from laughing so hard and my face hurt from all the smiling I was doing for days afterwards. This was my first ever girls weekend away - and will definitely not be the last. It was just what the doctor had ordered :) We left Thursday night and came home on Sunday arvo.  

I think Megs enjoyed her trip too, When I learnt Megan wouldn't be able to join us, I made a cardboard version of her, and man did she get around the place! We spent parts of the weekend posing cardboard Megs in various situations and places and taking photos and sending them back to Megan, hopefully next time she can join us for real.
The humidity made us wonder whether our pilot had gotten lost and landed in Singapore as it was bloody horrible!! We had the coolest flight attendant ever on the way up to Sydney. We flew Qantas so of course, free booze - woohoo! When she came past the first time I excitedly told her it was our girls weekend away.... (I was a tad like a kid at Christmas and very excited to be on the plane and headed to Sydney finally) So then she came back not long after with some more wine.... and then a while later with some more wine and some pretzels.... SCORE!!!!

The accommodation was fantastic, right opposite Hyde Park, beautiful views and an awesome air con. We participated in some awesome activities - from Jet Boating, to Burning the floor at the Retro club, and shopping at Bondi Junction what more did we need?!

The only thing I really think what the hell about the whole weekend is the freaky people we encountered..... I swear we had a freak magnet on (not naming any names) It ranged from the tour guide who was victim of the energy vampires to the taxi driver who told us we deserved our husbands to cheat on us because we had gone away and left them, and that they probably would cheat because all men are bastards, and to trust him because he is a man, and then there was the receptionist at the motel who thought we were offering manicures (with arms full of Adriano Zumbo goodies) rather than asking where was good to go and get Mani/Pedis..... There were certainly some characters in Sydney!

I also got to finally meet some of the wonderful NSW girls, from both Twitter and I-do forum days. What a way to top off the already epic weekend, meeting characters who I had conversed with online for the past 6-7 years in person... wow! (By the way, if you are reading this you are all just as gorgeous in real life xx)

So its a bit of a ramble, but that is a basic overview of my very first girls weekend away. I may return to post some of the stories in more detail but for now, Thanks for a SENSATIONAL weekend Fleur and Kell :)

BRING ON PALOOZA 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: