BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 23, 2011

I support Collingwood, and am proud of it!

I am not ashamed to admit that I am a  Collingwood supporter. I was born and bred into the Magpie Army. My dad raised us to be 100% black and white, and for that I am proud. Sure there were moments in life where we would pretend to be supporting other teams just to get a reaction from dad, but when push came to shove the Magpies were my team. My favourite memory growing up is the 1990 Grand Final win. We were living in Mildura and dad was so happy, and we were all so excited that we had won - we all did a lap of honour of the outside of the house singing the theme song. I think of that moment and I smile every time.

I dont get - and never have gotten- the hate against various teams . I understand the friendly "rivalry" etc but some of the attacks I have recieved/witnessed are bordering on bullying. I recently had a personal attack from someone whom I thought was a friend when we made it through to the next round  "How much did it cost to have your teeth replaced" and "How long have you been in jail for" ... all because my team beat theirs, WTF? It left me fuming, and I'm not ashamed to admit - it hurt. I wondered for a moment what I had done to deserve that kind of treatment - and I now know, nothing, they were just peeved my team beat theirs in the AFL... Apparently I am classed as a "typical Collingwood feral" for supporting the team which I love.

What prompted me to write this was all of the negative "I hate collingwood" statuses I have seen and the statuses about "The umpires were paid by Eddie"  It's only a game, and when it all comes down to it, Collingwood were lucky they could hold on by a few points and win another berth in the Grand Final last night. Get over it, and may the best team win today - Though I would love a Collingwood vs Geelong final!

Good Old Collingwood Forever - when we win, and when we loose, I will be there 100%...

0 comments: