BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, March 28, 2009

The hospital experience

So I was admitted to hospital on Friday and my appendix removed, drama drama drama!

I had seen a surgeon on Thursday and he diagnosed "Missed Appendicitis" after almost 3 weeks of pain, so off I went with the surgeons letter stating I had appendicitis to the ER Friday morning to be admitted and have surgery...

To start with - I was told they would run my bloods from a week ago and if they were OK then they were not going to admit me, so out I went and called my surgeon. He had arranged it with another surgeon so I went back in and asked to see that surgeon to which I was barked "They know youre here you just have to wait"

I was sent through to be assessed by a doctor about half hour later. The emergency doctor assessed me and agreed to the surgery so FINALLY along came the Surgeons Registrar and the Anethesist to get all my background and tell me all about the operation. - WOOHOO PROGRESS!

I was then taken up to surgical ward and left there to rest up in a bed til about 3:00 when my time came to get to the theatre.
The operation - which was going to be hour and half at the most away from the ward, ended up taking almost 2 hours (3 by the time I got back to the ward) but was successful. The surgeon had removed my appendix - yay!

Waking up was not pleasant, I had a b!tch of a nurse who was barking at me and was not sympathetic at all, and refused Luke entry - even though I was crying for him (he ended up coming in anyway after hearing me asking for him when the door was opened)

The surgeon came and saw me the next day and told me there was nothing wrong with my appendix, and they couldnt see anything else wrong - had noticed I had some swollen lymph nodes, but its a mystery as to why I was in pain.

After an overnight stay and 4 different antibiotics pumped through at various stages I was allowed home. Im relieved that the appendix are gone, and my pain has been instantly relieved - which is great, the only pain I have now is on the incision spots (Was done with keyhole surgery so I have 2 cuts below my belly and one on my belly button)

So thats my ramble about the hospital - I must add not all of the nurses were b!tches, only a few of them.... most of them were very lovely and good fun and did a great job.

0 comments: