BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 16, 2011

The CMCA 25th Anniversary Rally in Deniliquin

Today Luke and I travelled to Deniliquin for the open day at the 25th Anniversary Rally of the Camper Van and Motor Home Club Australia (aka - CMCA) Info here
It was amazing. Over 1000 motorhomes of various sizes and shapes all in the one area,  mindblowing, not to mention everyone we spoke with was  happy for a chat and extremely friendly.

Lukes parents own a motorhome which they have built up themselves over the years (Double J, pictured below) and so we figured being that they were so close to home and it was the open day we would go and say hello. We arrived at about lunch time and after a feed of Roast Potatoes we spent the afternoon wandering around with Luke's parents looking at all of the various market stalls and displays, as well as sticking our heads in some of the new (and very expensive) motorhomes. I think I have picked out about 10 that I would like when I retire (if not sooner haha) My favourite was the Wirraway brand. They are all hand crafted in Mildura, Victoria and the luxuries had me oooing and aaaahhhhing.

Anyway enough of me blabbing on, I just wanted to share the day with you all, I know if they have another rally near home, I'll be there on open day for sure!

Cheers to the CMCA!



Some pictures:
The CMCA stand and the "Denni Ram"

 Close up of the Denni Ram, with a 25th Anniversary medallion and sitting on a motorhome. (For those who dont know, Denni Footy Club is the Rams)


Looking from the stairs of the shed out onto one of the ovals. This was only about 1/4 of the motorhomes! The smaller ones got parked out on the oval as it is a new surface and was quite boggy when they were parking up.




Some of the motorhomes near Lukes parents bus



Really cool motorhome, We think it is an ex-fire engine. The solar panels rotate to catch the sun throughout the day.



DOUBLE J - Lukes parents bus


0 comments: